Quotes from a Tom Waits interview…
1. My reality needs imagination like a bulb needs a socket. My imagination needs reality like a blind man needs a cane.
2. We are monkeys with money and guns.
3. Real beauty: oil stains left by cars in a parking lot.
4. False teeth in pawnshop windows
5. A homeless man with an operatic voice singing the word “bacteria” from an empty dumpster in Chinatown
6. It was a train station of music with all the sounds milling around…
7. “Fire is the sun unwinding itself from the wood.” – Bucky Fuller
8. A man you’d want in the boat with you at the end of the world
9. Headlights hit by a shotgun
10. Bacon frying
11. Piano lessons coming from an apartment window
12. He is a giant among men